It must be September - First Day of Autumn!

Thank you Lord!
September ushers in a wonderful supply of pears waiting to be made into delicious pear preserves. Making pear preserves is an annual event in our household. It is time consuming but worth the effort.

The supplies are gathered. Wide mouth pint canning jars.

Aren't these just the cutest half pint squatty canning jars? I can see them filled with all kinds of goodies other than food. Beads and buttons come to mind.

To see more of my canning adventure, please visit me at Edna At Home...

3 comments:

Spring Hill Antique Mall said...

Love the jars! Have you decided what to use them for?


I think pears are probably the prettiest fruit. How many cans did you get done?

Plum Thicket said...

Spring HIll...those pears cooked down to 11-1/2 pints of good eating. Thanks for your post :)
~Edna~

Hoopie said...

At a craft fair I bought this size jar filled with scented candle, ribbon wrapped ring, very KEWL !